How to Make the Best Mug Cake Recipes & More!
As a professional chef and baker, you may not think a microwave mug cake recipe would be on my menu, but what I call “microbaking” is the real deal. I have 100+ mug meals, including the best Chocolate Mug Cake recipe you’ll ever enjoy, a delicious Vanilla Mug Cake for any occasion, my world famous Mug Pizza recipe, and my Brownie in a Mug that is the perfect single-serving treat for you to enjoy.
Top Mug Cake Recipe & Mug Meal Secrets:
- How long should I cook my Mug Cake or Meal? Check the wattage (power) on your microwave to determine your exact cook time. My microwave heats at 1200 watts so your mug recipes may take a little more or less time.
- Can you overcook a Mug Cake? Does your mug cake smell or taste like egg or is it rubbery? It shouldn’t be! This means you overcooked your mug recipe. Cook it for the time on each recipe, check on it and you can always cook it longer.
- Are there Egg Substitutes for a Mug Cake or Meal? YES! I have an egg substitute chart you can use to enjoy mug cakes egg free!
- What kind of chocolate should you use in a Chocolate Mug Cake recipe? Always use good quality chocolate including unsweetened cocoa powder (not hot chocolate powder because it has loads of unnecessary sugar) to get the best flavor.
Gemma’s Mug Meals Mugs lets you quickly and easily make incredible microwave meals and desserts in minutes. Whip up and enjoy 100+ of Gemma’s world-famous mug recipes in your Meal Mugs like a chocolate mug cake, mug pizza, soups, a brownie-in-a-mug and mac-n-cheese. All-in-one design, with included stainless steel spork, allows you to mix, microwave, & enjoy!
All Mug Cakes & Meals Recipes
Gemma's Best-Ever Vanilla Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons (1 ¼ oz/35 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons (2 fl oz/60 ml) milk (or dairy-free milk)
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil (sunflower or coconut oil)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Funfetti sprinkles
- In a microwavable mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add in the milk, oil, and vanilla and mix until just combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Microwave for roughly 45 seconds - 1 minute, or until firm to the touch (timing is based on my microwave which is 1200 Watts so your timing may vary).
- Serve warm with frosting, ice cream or cream. Enjoy!
Hi Bold Bakers! I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, a cookbook author, and the creator of Bigger Bolder Baking. I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere with my trusted and tested recipes and baking tips. You may have seen one of my 500+ videos on YouTube & TikTok or as a guest judge on Nailed It! on Netflix or the Best Baker in America on Food Network. No matter your skills, my Bold Baking Team & I want to be your #1 go-to baking authority.