This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure for details.
Hi Bold Bakers!
If you’re not familiar with yeasted dough, but you’re a pizza lover, then this recipe is for you! Yeasted pizza dough can take time and that’s why I created this quick, 15 Minute Pizza Dough Recipe that uses NO yeast! This is a great dough to get you in the kitchen with friends and family and making pizza from scratch. I guarantee you that from scratch and into the oven you will have this made in 15 minutes flat! Want more breads and doughs, check out my new cookbook, Bigger Bolder Baking Every Day and there’s an entire Breads & Doughs category page on this website that you can come back to again and again.
Yeast or not, there really is nothing like homemade pizza, and now it’s something any baker of any level of experience can make. You can even make it now if you’re Gluten-Free — with my 5-Step Cauliflower Pizza recipe!
Why is My Pizza Dough Very Sticky?
If you find your No-Yeast Pizza Dough to be a bit sticky, fear not, it just needs a bit more flour. This dough is not very finicky and it will tell you what it needs. If it’s wet and sticky add a bit of flour 1 tablespoon at a time, working it into the dough until it no longer sticks to the surface or your hands but is still soft and fluffy.
Why is Yeast-Free Pizza Dough Easier & Faster Than Yeasted Pizza Dough?
While yeast provides nice flavor it is not a must to create a beautiful homemade pizza. The dough’s raising agent is baking powder, which activates once you add the water, so there is no waiting around for proofing dough. It can be made and the whole pizza can be baked in a fraction of the time it takes to make yeasted pizza dough.
This is a great recipe to make with the kids as it really is foolproof. (And don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements, on the page down below.)
How to Store No-Yeast Pizza Dough
This dough can be covered and stored in an airtight container in the fridge or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. The idea is to let no air get to the dough as this can change its texture and flavor.
How Long Does No-Yeast Pizza Dough Last?
The raw pizza dough will last for up to 24 hours in the fridge. Once baked into pizza, the pizza can be covered and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tips and Tricks to Making No-Yeast Pizza Dough:
- Freeze the raw pizza dough rolled and topped to make super-fast pizza whenever you want. Bake from frozen as normal.
- Add any dry fresh herb into your dough for extra flavor.
- Make 1 large 12-inch family-size pizza
- Or divide the dough into 2 smaller pieces and roll them out into 8-inch pizzas.
Need a Pizza Sauce Recipe?
Make LOTS of Pizza:
And don’t miss my NEW Bigger Bolder Baking Every Day cookbook featuring all-new bread/dough recipes and more!
Full (and printable) recipe below!
Watch The Recipe Video!
15-Minute Pizza Dough Recipe (No Yeast)
- 2 ½ cups (12 ½ oz/355 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons (7oz/187g) water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (4 oz/115 g) 5 minute pizza sauce
- 2 cups (6 oz/170 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, or fresh herbs of your choice, for garnish
- ½ cup (1½ oz/43 g) pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Combine the water and oil in a separate measuring jug.
- Slowly add the water mixture to the flour, holding back a little in case you don't need it all.
- Using a wooden spoon (or your hands) and mix until the dough comes together into a ball. It should be soft, but not sticky. Add a splash more water if your dough is too dry.
- Lightly flour your work area and a rolling pin then roll dough into a 12-inch circle using your hands (to make 2 smaller pizzas, divide the dough in half and roll into two 8-inch pizzas).
- Transfer the pizza base to a pizza tray or large baking tray. Spoon the 5 Minute Pizza Sauce over the pizza base. Cover generously with a layer of cheese, pepperoni, and fresh oregano.
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice and enjoy!